Some investment firms, many with fine performance records, only focus on asset management. Such a focus does not address the important ongoing issues that arise for many people, such as:
- How much can I afford to spend on a home?
- What is the best way to finance the purchase of a major asset, such as a second home?
- What is the best way to fund my children’s or grandchildren’s education?
- How much should I save for retirement? When am I able to retire?
- How should I handle the rollover from my profit sharing plan?
- How much can I withdraw from my portfolio in retirement and not run out of money if I live into my nineties?
- How can I minimize my income tax burden?
- What is the best way to handle charitable gifting?
- How can I protect my family if I were to die suddenly?
- How can I structure the ownership of my assets to minimize estate taxes and pass my assets to family and/or charity efficiently?
These are just a few common examples of questions that we help clients with every day. To answer these questions, we need to fully understand your overall financial situation—as well as your unique goals, values and concerns.
Our proprietary Financial Management Review
and Wealth Management Review
are customized documents that we present to our individual clients each year. These reviews provide a “top-down” view of your entire financial situation and give us the proper context to address the ongoing issues that arise over time.